BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Katelynn's morning struggle

I have this love hate relationship with getting Katelynn dressed in the morning. She is going through this faze where she only wants to wear dresses to school. I suppose this all started when it was too cold to wear shorts so she moved on to dresses. Which is fine that she wants to wear a dress, it makes her feel like a pretty princess and as she says "it's perfect". At first she didn't care what dress it was as long as it was a dress. Now she is even picky about what dress she wears. It has come to a point when she comes into school wearing pants and a longsleeve shirt Joseph's teacher knows it's been a bad morning. When I make her wear pants it's a struggle to get her out the door to school. I suppose it's because Katelynn says her outfit "isn't perfect for me" she must not be ready to make her appearance until her outfit is perfect. I should have known she was going to be picky when at the age of 2 she would stand in her closet contemplating what to wear. I kid you not, if I don't give her a choice of 2 outfits she will stand in her closet thinking about what she wants to wear.


So I'll leave you with a few pictures of what Katelynn would wear if she dressed herself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara,
Thanks for posting! :) I loved the story. I sure can relate...you should have seen what Molly wore to church tonight! I can't believe how big your little fashion bug has gotten. Hugs to all. Love to you, Lydia

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is good luck. It doesn't get any better. Trust me, I live with a 5 year old little girl that's the same way.