BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Joseph get's his teeth pulled

On Monday Joseph had his teeth pulled by the dentist. This all happend because on Aug 5th Joseph was chasing Katelynn and knocked his teeth. Of course Jason was gone on a business trip (accidents like this always happen when he is gone) and I'm in panic mode. I'm able to reach Jason and he tells me to put ice on it. Thankfully we were going to the regular Dr on Wednesday for Joseph's 5 year check up. I had Dr. Harmon look at them for an abses and he didn't see one. His gums were swollen for several days but they were looking better.
A week later Joseph was complaining that they hurt so I took him into the dentist and she said they needed to be pulled but wanted to do it by a pediatric dentist so Joseph would be more comfortable. When I called to make the appt. they said we could do it that day ( I was shocked) but I said no I don't think he was prepared for it, actually I wasn't. So five days later we went to Dr. Windingham and he pulled Joseph's teeth. From the x-ray they thought his teeth had actually been damaged twice but from my knowledge Joseph had only bled once so who knows. Nevermind, Jason just reminded me that Joseph fell in a furniture store when I was pregnant with Katelynn and hit his front two teeth. That mystery is solved!
The overall experience was a little traumatic for Joseph but when it was all over he said he liked the Dr. I was able to stay with him during the evaluation and the laughing gas but had to leave during the extraction. By the time I left it took about 15 minutes to pull the teeth. The next day Joseph proudly showed anyone who would look including his teacher and the librarian.

Joseph on the car ride home

Dr. W pulled his teeth like this

Joseph's tooth box

One of the teeth pulled


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was more traumatic for you than it was for Joseph.... Glad to hear you both survived.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sara,
Joseph looks so cute! And he was so very brave.

Now, you need to update your blog!:)

Lydia